Thursday, December 20, 2007

Who are you, and what have you done with my children?

This evening, as I was chopping the lettuce for our dinner salads, my two girls kept coming up to the cutting board and grabbing pieces of lettuce. Once, Amber grabbed a handful! Then, when I was chopping the broccoli, they started stealing pieces of it, also. No, they weren't hiding it somewhere in the dining room. They were eating it! And coming back for more! Now, they usually eat their veggies at dinner, but not with such vigor and vim (don't you love those two words together?). Anyway, I just stared at them and then asked out loud, "Are you two for real?"

2 comments:

try2bAsunbeam said...

haha, I hear ya!! My daughter LOVES tomatoes. She eats them like apples...I don't care for them. I used to wonder if she was even my child. Like, is it even possible?
lol

frisky said...

They probably thought they were being sneaky. Or it's just exciting to eat somewhere other that the dining room table. Casse WILL NOT eat meat UNLESS it's straight off the b-b-q grill. Go figure.