Wednesday, December 12, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

I love Christmas! It's my most favorite time of the year. Here are some random reasons I love Christmas...

I love giving gifts (my most favorite thing to do at Christmas-time)! I also love writing our Christmas letter and sending our family photo! I love peppermint mochas and candy sprinkles that look like Christmas trees! I love wrapping presents while listening to Amy Grant's Christmas Album! I love decorating every inch of my house! I love "the hunt for the perfect Christmas tree" with my husband and two girls! I love unwrapping the ornaments and reminiscing about who gave me each one! I love wearing tacky Christmas earrings (gingerbread men and bells and angels) that I wouldn't dream of wearing any other time of the year! I love the almost-cold weather and scarves and hats and mittens and a fire in the fireplace! I love red and green together with a splash of gold! I love making a list and checking it twice! I love white elephant gift exchanges and parties! I love putting out my nativity scene and telling the real Christmas story to my children! I love hanging the stockings by the chimney with care! I love my dad's famous fudge and my mom's almond sour-cream bread! I love all 10 of my Christmas cds! I love baking pumpkin bread for all of my neighbors! I love my cheesy fiber-optic wreath! I love taking the girls out looking at Christmas lights! I love singing Christmas carols and church musicals and preschool performances! I love watching Amber open presents because she thoroughly enjoys it! I love Christmas!

5 comments:

ATSmith said...

I've gotta see that fiber-optic wreath!

heidibelle said...

That does get me in the Holiday spirit. Thanks for sharing. I hope it is truly a joyful time for you and your family. Love Heidi

frisky said...

We still haven't finished decorating, but my family is visiting the first week in January, so I figure I have to leave it up longer anyways. Or should I say, "get to" leave it up longer. We do have our mini tree up though!

Kari Rodems said...

Love it all! xo

Rebecca said...

Your tree is so pretty! And you've totally inspired me to make pumpkin bread for the neighbors now. I was stuck in a fudge rut. :)