Tuesday, October 23, 2007

October Happenings

Has it really been 1 1/2 weeks since I posted a blog?! I have been quite busy lately. It's probably been the most busy month I've seen in awhile, and it's not even over.

It's my birthday month, along with several other friends and family members, which has kept me busy wrapping gifts and mailing cards (I love birthdays...everybody's). And last week was the first Young Life event with the teen-agers...bowling night! (Eric and I are Young Life leaders now--I'll post about that soon.)

Then there's Halloween coming up...Amber & Autumn are going to be Tigger & Pooh. And preschool pictures are in a few days. Also, I've reintroduced myself to the world of print journalism. I've have two long articles (and one picture, of Eric) printed in our local newspaper, with my byline. The stories are features about what the Christian community is doing for people around them, locally and globally. I'm going to write another story next week, too. It's hard to get anything printed in the Ojai Valley News, so I was jazzed for awhile...still am.

Oh, and I can't forget last weekend...I scrapbooked for two whole days with my girlfriends! Eric watched the girls. It was awesome, and I almost completed an entire scrapbook! So, that's what I've been up to. What's new in your corner of the world?

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Two days of scrapbooking??? That is one dedicated hubby, dude. Wow.

And how cool that you are heading back into journalism! If you're looking for a good story, you should ask Don Marshall at OVBC about their new Ugandan orphanage and rescue efforts. It's a pretty hairy story, and they're looking for more support and exposure to keep everything going. Plus he's a kick to talk to anyway. You'd like him.

frisky said...

I never got to see your second article... save one for me!

Kari Rodems said...

So good to hear you are doing more writing! I look forward reading more from you soon :) xo

Michele said...

Hey birthday girl! Hope you had a good day! Thanks for the update!