Thursday, September 27, 2007

Full Service

This morning, after I dropped Amber off at preschool, I noticed that my car was on empty, so I pulled into the nearest gas station, the 76 station across from Vons. I get my gasoline there occasionally when my car is on empty and I've just left the preschool. It is one of the few gas stations left in this area (maybe the only one) with a full service pump, but I always pull up to the self serve side. Every time I get out of my car, the very nice gentleman (I think I should ask him his name next time) is already over at my car and ready to pump my gas. I give him my money or run my credit card and he does the rest! He even washes my windows until they sparkle! All for the price of self serve! Now I know I could go into downtown Ojai or up to Oak View to get cheaper gasoline, but it's worth it to me to pay a few extra cents per gallon to not have top pump my own gasoline (not to mention that I might run out of gas by the time I reach Oak View!). And the gentleman always smiles these wide smiles that tell me that he really enjoys his job and likes to see me smile back and him and thank him through my clean, sparkling windows. Full service at self service prices...it's just unheard of these days.

4 comments:

hestermom said...

Maybe we could all save up some money for tips, and then tag team him!! =) That will probably be our new gas station soon, when we move, so maybe I'll be able to find out his name. Yeah for nice people!

Rebecca said...

I remember that guy! It shocked me the first time I went there, because I wasn't expecting so much service. It was so sad though, one time I went there, because this guy in an SUV came along and was hassling him about his English and giving him a really hard time, like he wanted to pick a fight or something. People are so mean sometimes.

Christine H. said...

That's it--I'm going to that gas station, if I remember, from now on! : )

frisky said...

In Oregon, they don't even let you pump your own gas. I thought it was so funny, so I took a picture of one guy pumping the gas for me. I think they thought I was a lunatic scrapbooker!!