Friday, September 28, 2007

Don't Give Up

By 9:30 this morning, my strong-willed daughter, Amber, had done everything possible in the way of disobedience and disrespect. (I'll spare you the ugly details.) After yet another time out, she was supposed to help me fold the laundry, but instead I heard her playing nicely with her little sister in their bedroom. I knew it wouldn't last long, so I decided to let her play and give myself a little break from her. I started folding the laundry, rather aggressively, when I heard Amber singing in their bedroom, "Don't give up. Don't give up. Don't give up if something goes wrong."

I thought, "Wow, God, you'll even use my stubborn little daughter to teach me a lesson in perseverance with her." Maybe things will get better today.

A few minutes later, Amber walked into the living room and said, with sincerity, "You started the laundry without me. Thank you, Mommy!" We folded the rest of the clothes and put them away. Then my sister-in-law, Amy, called from Canada and I got to talk to her for 30 minutes with few interruptions from my children. Wow! Maybe things will get better today!

1 comment:

frisky said...

That is so awesome that those little innocent words came out of her mouth, what a blessing. I love when stuff like that happens. BTW, next time I'll try to be home to get the call!