Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Autumn's First Rain

Last Friday we experienced the first rain of the season. It was quite unusual because we hardly ever get rain this early in the fall. It was also the first time Autumn Brooke really experienced the rain (last year she was still a baby).

Earlier in the day, Eric had told Amber that it might rain that afternoon. She could hardly wait! Off and on all day, she would ask me, "Is it raining yet?" She was so eager to try out her new 99 cent umbrella (what a deal!). A few minutes before 4 p.m., the rain came, and it poured down fast. Everything was wet in just a few minutes. Amber was in her room playing, with the shade drawn, so I thought I'd surprise her. I got Autumn dressed in her rain coat and boots, and yelled down the hallway for Amber to put on jeans and socks. At first she protested, and then I told her to look out her window. We were out the door in seconds!

Amber was excited to show Autumn how to splash in the puddles. We all had a great walk in the rain! Autumn enjoyed it immensely, even though she couldn't figure out how to hold up the umbrella the whole time.

6 comments:

Michele said...

Those pictures are adorable! I'm so jealous you got rain- enjoy it!

Ryan said...

Great pictures Christine! I love how Autumn's rain coat matches your house.

Kari Rodems said...

Ah simple pleasures... life is good :) xo

Melanie said...

Those pictures are great and going to make the most adorable scrapbook page! Can't wait to let Abby really enjoy the rain. Colorado either had freezing rain or lightening so we have never really been able to play in it!

ATSmith said...

Only in California do we put on our slickers and go play in the rain. Love the pics. Glad you guys had so much fun : )

frisky said...

Am I the only one who wants to vomit here? Just Kidding!! That is so cute and so awesome that they are getting to experience the joy of rain. Did I just say joy and rain in the same sentence? You know how I feel about the rain. I get so depressed in this type of weather. Ugh, only 9 more months until Summer!!