Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Autumn

I just love the fall season! (You thought I was going to post about my daughter, Autumn, didn't you?!)

Now I know it's not officially fall until September 23, but it just feels like fall today. It's a little more gloomy outside--not gloomy in a bad way, though. There's a small, cool breeze tickling the trees. I got to wear jeans today--my favorite article of clothing. And I got to dress my daughters in jeans. I just love jeans on little kids! As I was putting a hoodie on my 22-month-old, I just got all happy inside...like I was "one with the world" and it was going to be a great day!

Yes, fall is definitely my favorite time of the year, for several reasons. My woman's Bible study is in full swing after an extremely long summer break! The weather is cooler! I get to decorate the house with pumpkins and leaves and cute little scarecrows! I can finally light candles and fill the living room with the scent of pumpkin pie! My birthday in in the fall! So is Halloween and Thanksgiving and almost Christmas. (I decorate my house for Christmas at the end of November, so it technically fits into the fall category)!

I know this cold front is only temporary and it will be hot again next week, but while it lasts, I'm lovin' it!

10 comments:

try2bAsunbeam said...

Do you mean I'm NOT supposed to use Pumpkin Pie candles in July???

:)

Michele said...

I am right there with you Christine! Fall is my favorite season, even though Phoenix doesn't have the traditional one. I can still pretend to my heart's content, and it's nice enough to actually venture outside!

heidibelle said...

We are also having very fall weather and I love it. We have had the candles lit all week. Although I thought you were banned from candles in the house??? :)

Christine H. said...

Yes, Michele, I remember how we never got a fall season in Phoenix. We used to always joke that Phoenix only had 2 seasons: hot & hoter! LOL

Heidi, I'm allowed to have candles in jars, remember! : )

mandrews said...

It's funny that the first day of autumn is on the 23rd this year cause it is normally on the 22nd. That's how I remember my birthday...

Melanie said...

I just met a friend at a coffee house by the beach and I was excited to throw on my jeans and old college sweatshirt. It is nice to have the change of pace. And personally I had fall for 5 years I like CA fall. Just the right amount of cold for me. :)

Ryan said...

I agree with all of you, I feel alive in this weather. But I'm sure that if it was like this all the time we would miss the heat.
I've been listening to a song lately called "It's gray in LA," and it talks about how much we like it when the skies are gray in Los Angeles because it's a change.

Christine H. said...

Ryan, I don't know that I would ever miss the heat!

ATSmith said...

I am checking emails and blogs, drinking a warm cup of coffee and have slippers on ... life is sooooooooooo good!

Rebecca said...

Me TOO!! Hoodies and jeans and sweaters and boots. . . Sigh. One of the reasons I love living up here is that we have a real fall, right on time, leaves changing and everything. Our first freeze came the other night, and I've been wearing my Ugg-like birthday boots for a week now. (tee-hee!) Now I need a pumpkin pie candle. . .