Monday, August 27, 2007

New Sheets

There is something wonderful about a new set of bed sheets. It almost helps you sleep better. We got "new" sheets from our friends, Jeff & Heidi. They were the sheets that didn't sell at the garage sale they had at our house, and so Heidi gave us a queen set and a few twin sheet sets. Yesterday was "change the sheets day" and I put the "new" sheets on all the beds. Amber's sheets are blue with the globe printed all over them. When it was time for bed and she went into her room and saw the sheets, she was so excited! When I told her they used to be Drew's sheets (her best friend) she was even more thrilled!

I put the "new" white sheets with light blue flowers on our bed and last night I really think I slept better! Everything felt so new and clean and it smelled like flowers in the spring and I could hear the flutter of a butterfly wing...

Okay, so I digress. Anyway, there's just something wonderful about new sheets and I had to share it with you. Nighty Night, Sleep Tight!

5 comments:

heidibelle said...

Aahhhh... I know what you mean. I love a fresh change of sheets. I'm glad Amber got excited about those. We thought they were pretty cool. You know I got rid of all those twin sheet sets, and then the boys switched to bunk beds and I had to go out and buy sheets! OH well.

ATSmith said...

Okay, I think there was a question in the Newlywed game at the church Valentine's Banquet which dealt with how often a towel can "last" in the bathroom. Uh ... uh ... I think Ryan answered 10+ days and I think I agreed with him. So, I love fresh sheets too ... esp. since it happens so few times out of the year (for us)! Hahaha.

Jeff Frazee said...

I know what you mean, Amber. As much as I love fresh sheets, you'd think I'd change them more often. But at the end of a three kids day... changing sheets is the last thing on my mind!

hestermom said...

Did you have happy, flowery dreams? (I heard from someone) that Oprah loves the "Clean Sheet" feeling so much that she changes her sheets every other day...or was it every three days? I can't remember.

frisky said...

I try not to waste water like Oprah, so that's why I don't do it as often. LOL!
Heidi, the worst part of bunk beds is changing the sheets. Ooohhhh, how I hate doing those! I guess I could move the bunk beds to the center of the room, but then they wouldn't be able to play. Whatever?!