Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Fried Squirrel

Yesterday, we were without power in the house from about 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. We were in and out of the house all day, so it wasn't a big deal. But the times we were in the house, we were HOT! It made me appreciate our swamp cooler even more. I have no idea how I grew up in Phoenix, Ariz., except to say that I went from my air-conditioned home to my air-conditioned car to my air-conditioned job and back.

Anyway, at 6:30 p.m.(after eating a dinner of cold leftovers), we decided to go out for ice cream to cool off. On the way, we stopped by a neighbor's house, where the electric company was working on the problem. We asked our neighbor what had happened, and he told us that a squirrel was walking on the wires and crossed the wires, thus electrocuting his little varmint body and melting the lines that keep our entire neighborhood (two blocks long) in power.

Our neighbor said that the squirrel was lying dead in one of the other neighbors' back yard and proceeded to show us what the squirrel looked like. Eric wanted to take a picture of the squirrel for my blog, but I told him that is where I draw the line with picture-taking! (See, I don't take pictures of everything!)

4 comments:

ATSmith said...

Thanks for sparing us from the squirrel picture.

mandrews said...

I want to see the squirrel picture!!! That would be so awesome!!!

frisky said...

Yeah, I'm going to have to say that I'm disappointed.... I wanna see the dead squirrel too!!

Melanie said...

At least you didn't eat it! I am not joking! In Southern Illinois (and I am sure other places) they eat fried squirrel. I didn't try it but several members of my family did! :( Ick!