Thursday, June 14, 2007

Graduation!!!

I recently attended two graduation parties for two of the teen-age girls I've had the privilege of mentoring for the past six years, Rachel and Lindsey. Eric and I have been youth leaders for 10 years, and graduation is always a bittersweet time for us. It's fun to see the teens get their diplomas and head off to college, but it's also hard to see them go. (I can't imagine how their parents feel!) Anyway, it's been a blast getting to know these two girls, seeing them grow up and grow to be more like Jesus. When that happens, it's very rewarding to a youth leader. Here are a few pictures: Lindsey, Rachel & I, and Lindsey with Amber & Autumn. Congratulations, grads!

4 comments:

hestermom said...

How cool! Is it just me, or do the girls (the ones graduating)look so young? They are quite beautiful, it just struck me how young they look. Does that mean that I have gotten older??? =)

Christine H. said...

I notice you didn't say that I looked young! LOL

hestermom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hestermom said...

Actually, you DO look young in the picture!! But, I was trying to distinguish between YOUR girls, and your youth girls. Bottom line, the pictures are full of beautiful, YOUNG women!!! =) Love you!