Saturday, June 16, 2007

Free For All

Today was one of my favorite days of the year. No, it wasn't my birthday, or anyone's birthday that I know of. It wasn't a holiday, or a special occasion. It was the Swap at my church. Twice a year our church hosts a free rummage sale. People bring their clothes, toys, books and small miscellaneous items, set them out on tables and then go garage sailing...for free! Those of you who know me well, know that one of my mottos is, "If it's free, it's for me!" And today I lived up to that motto. I brought four brown bags full of stuff, emptied them, and then filled them all back up and ended up taking home the same amount of stuff I came with! Only it was different stuff.

I brought home several shirts for me, shoes for the girls, a Dora swimsuit for Amber, brand new Christmas tea towels and loaf pans, brand new puzzles for the girls, an adorable crocheted hat for me, a throw pillow for our couch, and homeschooling books and unused curriculum (and that's not all). I scored today!

I almost went home with an adorable pair of red sandals that fit me perfectly. However, my friend Candy informed me that they were hers and she had taken them off to try on another pair of shoes. I tried to convince her that they were perfect for me, but she had the audacity to tell me that she wore them in and she was wearing them out!

I had a blast! The Swap was from 8 a.m.-noon. I showed up at 8:18 a.m. I deliberately came a little late so I wouldn't look too anxious. I stayed until 10:30, went to a few garage sales, and then went back to the church at 11:00, just to make sure someone didn't bring in new things while I was gone. I had a great time hanging out with my friends and helping them find things that I thought would look perfect on them. I held up a pair of cargo pants and said to my friend, Nadine, "These would look great on you!" She said, "I brought those today." We all had a good laugh.

1 comment:

hestermom said...

So glad you scored! Sorry I couldn't make it, I really wanted to.